As a member of Congress I am able to offer internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students from Oklahoma. Internships are available in Lawton, Ada, Norman, and Washington D.C.
For all inquiries about internship opportunities in one of my Oklahoma offices in Lawton, Ada, or Norman, please call (405) 329-6500 and speak with my District Director.
Summer Washington D.C. Internships:
Each year I am pleased to have students from Oklahoma and/or those attending Oklahoma colleges and universities come to D.C. to serve as interns in my Washington office. The following information applies primarily to the Summer Internship Program. Summer internships are 5 weeks in length unless otherwise stipulated by participation in a separate internship placement program.
What We Look for In an Intern:
- 1. Currently attending a college or university. Preference is given to upperclassmen
- 2. There is no GPA requirement, but having a good GPA will increase your chances for consideration
- 3. Internships are based on merit. Applicants should have leadership abilities, show an interest in civics and politics, and have upstanding moral character
To Apply for an Internship in DC:
- Submit a resume, cover letter, and 1 or more letters of recommendation to the Washington D.C. office at:
- Office of Congressman Tom Cole
- Attn: Intern Coordinator
- 2458 Rayburn HOB
- Washington, D.C. 20515
- To submit your materials by email, please call the internship coordinator at (202) 225-6165. To fax materials, dial (202) 225-3512.
- - All application materials are due in the Washington office no later than the end of March annually
- - Summer internship selections are made by the end of April and applicants will be notified about selections at that time
Winter/Spring/Fall Internships in Washington D.C.:
Internships are primarily available during the summer, but well qualified applicants will also be considered on a case-by-case basis for fall and spring semesters. Please contact the internship coordinator at (202) 225-6165 for more information concerning fall and spring internship opportunities.
Other Government Internship Opportunities: