For U.S. citizens traveling abroad, the Office of American Citizens Services and Crisis Management (ACS) at the U.S. Department of State provides travel warnings, travel alerts and country specific information and assistance. With the whole world on heightened alert and entry into the U.S. severely restricted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ACS office is currently working to bring Americans abroad back home.
Enroll in STEP
Americans trying to return from abroad should enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which enables the ACS unit in each country to reach out directly to you if anything changes on travel or any new information becomes available.
Enrollment form is available here: step.state.gov/step
Agency Contact Info
To speak directly with the ACS office, please use the applicable phone number below:
1-202-501-4444 (from outside the U.S.)
1-888-407-4747 (toll free from within the U.S.)
How can my office help?
If you would like to request assistance from my congressional office, please send an email here with the following information about the U.S. citizen(s):
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Name of ship (if applicable)
- Last known location (please be as specific as possible)
- Any available contact information
- Any other information you think would be helpful in locating the U.S. citizen
- About you
- Your full name
- Your contact information
- Your relationship to the person about whom you are writing (e.g., spouse, parent, child, friend, employer, etc.)
Please click HERE to send my office an email.